We all know that word of mouth recommendation is the MOST powerful marketing you can do for your business. That’s why most people network, to build long term genuine relationships so that members can confidently recommend you to their contacts. I'm sure you understand why we ask you to invite people you know to come along to our network. We know that it is the MOST powerful way of marketing our network and finding new members to join our community.
So, what’s in it for you? Why do you need to invite guests? How can you benefit from inviting your contacts to our network?
1. It’s the perfect excuse to talk to someone who you want to develop a business relationship with. Invite them along and build on your relationship with that person.
2. Remember that you are introducing your business contacts to a fantastic network, and it will greatly benefit them. Why would you not want to do that?
3. ‘Gift’ your top 3 clients to a meeting to help strengthen your relationship.
4. ‘Thank’ a valuable supplier by inviting them along, and again, build on your relationship.
5. Lead by example – if you bring guests, it will encourage others to do the same, and everyone in the group benefits by having more people at the meeting.
6. Think about how you can best support the members in your home group, and invite people you know is the perfect prospect, or referral partner, for another member.
7. It’s the lifeblood of the network. The community is as strong as the members that are in it and the guests that you bring. If you’ve invested to be a member in the network, you will want your group to grow and prosper.
8. Once you develop a reputation for being someone who is an active networker, the more connected you become and the more attractive you are to others.
So, how easy is it to invite guests?
It’s easy! The best method I have found is using LinkedIn. Every time someone asks to connect, I send a message straight back thanking that person, and then inviting them to come along to a networking meeting (with the link) where we could then meet face to face. No agenda, just a friendly straight forward invite. You could look through all your clients and suppliers, and invite the top 3.
Make it a habit to automatically invite every new client/supplier your work with, and strengthen your relationship. Think about what type of businesses would be good in your home group that would benefit your fellow members and when you meet these people whilst you’re out and about at other networking or exhibitions, invite them along to your next meeting. It benefits everyone to do this.
You will be amazed how pleased people are to receive an invitation to come to WMB, and you are helping that person to grow their own business. You’ll make a difference, and it will feel fantastic to know that you’ve been instrumental in making your own home group vibrant and dynamic.
What are you waiting for? Go for it!
Are you wondering about networking but feeling nervous about it?
Our FREE guide will help you to feel comfortable and confident when networking - even if you're an introvert!
Download your FREE guide now